I can’t take any credit for this recipe, as my mother-in-law actually introduced me to this recipe. It is ridiculously easy, but it’s really just a nice way to change up your basic dip. You can use this on wings, with veggies, or even as a salad dressing. It takes about 5 minutes to make, if you use chopped blue cheese crumbles, it takes even less time.
- 1 32 ounce tub of Sour cream (make sure its not light)
- 8 ounces of Bleu cheese
- 1 package of Ranch dip mix
- 1 package of onion dip mix
- Juice of half of a small lemon or a quarter of a larger (taste it, if you like more lemon add more)
- Salt and pepper to taste. Personally I like lots coarse black pepper, but you can season to your taste buds.
Mix everything together, refrigerate for 15 minutes and enjoy!
One thing I wanted to mention, and My mother-in-law said this. For best results, if you have Daisy brand Sour cream, use Daisy. Knudsen is good as well, but for whatever reason, the store brand sour cream seems to get runny, while Daisy in particular, will keep its consistency better.
I will add a Tbsp of this to salads, along with olive oil and more lemon to make a simple salad dressing, or you can put it on Buffalo wings. I promise, you won’t be able to eat them with just blue cheese or just ranch anymore! If you’re a little picky about blue cheese I would recommend chopping it up into finer pieces.